Wednesday, May 16, 2007

80's babies..

I got this idea of the 80's babies from my friend who forwarded the message in the friendster bulletin board... but im modifying it into my version... my memory lane from childhood...

I grew up watching transformers, thundercats (thunder... thunder!!.. thundercats!! rawwrrr!!!), woody woodpecker my fav!! I never liked watching chipmunks or ninja turtle or bajam hitam (wtf is that man!).. bugs bunny used to be cute for me... hated power rangers but my younger brother loves them! Oh.. the care bears!! akakaaa... come to think of it.. it were all stupid la... I remember i used to watch all these lame cartoons every saturday morning.. TV1, TV2 and TV3... non stop!.. that time no AStro or even NTV7 yet la...

Then in primary school.. i remembered that we had to take those stupid BCG injections on std 1 and std 6... I never cried even once while taking injections in my life... in fact, i love em!! hehehee.. but im no junkie k.. but i always see alot of my friends crying while getting the injections... wat is there to cry about la.. cry or not cry, still have to take the injections wat... chewww... then remember, we have like a public gov dentist that comes to out school for regular check up.. teach us how brush our teeth with fake teeth model... and i remember feeling so stupid.. cause i dont need no one to teach me how to brush my teeth cause i was soooooo darn lazy to even brush my teeth last time.. i used to even bluff my mum when my mum asked me whether have i brushed my bloody teeth.. very lazy to brush teeth la..
Somemore, i think some schools do force us to brush our teeths during recess at primary school.. had to bloody hold plastic cups, line up with my classmates side by side and start brushing our teeths at some open area, near some drain and let our school seniors (those std 6 ppl) laugh at us like we were so retarded... yes it was.. but as if they never do that!!!

Not to forget our 'program minum susu' (milk drinking programme.. LOL!) in primary school.. everybody is suppose to buy like cartons of milk that costed 30 cents.. and you would see everyone drinking it everyday...its d UHT milk... hehee..i always liked the plain white n chocolate only.. hated the strawberries flavor cause it tasted like milk with cough syrup in it.. yuck!

And can u guys remember how blardy cheap the food was in our canteen? blllloooooddddyyyyyy cheap! It was like 40 cents for a bowl of noodles.. 10 cents for a cup of drink... 20 cents for a packet of fruits... and 20cents for like a packet of chips... I remember our school used to set some strict rules to our canteen workers that they are not suppose to sell unhealthy snacks to the students... But there's one particular aunty that sells bread in my primary school always have hidden stash of junk food... and she would sell it to us when no teachers are looking... muahahaaa... and at the end of the recess time, u can see so many different types of junk food packaging thrown everywhere... the teachers were like, where the hell does all these junk food comes from... lol

How about when your school after school and especially if your school is near some sundry shop or to the 'roti' man waiting outside the schools so that we can buy junk food like chickedees, mamee, ding dang with some toys in it, 'Ti Kam', ice-cream and we would play games like monopoly, uno, old maid, and all other card games like that... hahahaaa... good old days...

Another fun time would be during Pendidikan Jasmani (PE). The boys would play football while the girls would play netball... and it would be like we were playing in the world cup... lol... and then we would fight when we lose.. and the famous phrase u would say when u were young.. "i dun wan to flend you!" hahahaa...

But of course. the best would be main guli, wolf-hit-hand, single-legged jump to catch ppl, batu seremban, bottlecaps, Bola-peh-kong, ice-cream sticks, 'Pepsi Cola one-two-three', Cops and Robbers, main kejar-kejar duduk,getah... and for the not so
active, those kind of 'book games' where we would use buku latihan to draw and ask our friends to play... COme to think of it now... i wanna play those again!! i missed the single-legged jump.. i used to be able to jump until as high as my own head k.. of cuz that time i was short la.. now, if i were to jump my height... i'll die la.. sure fall flat on the ground... hahaaha

Do you remember the ice-cream tubes which are actually ice and colouring that are sold for 10 to 20 cents.. the colourful ones.. where you usually bite off the top to glup it down...my friends always tells me the Orange flavor tastes the best.. but i liked the green ones better..

What about days when we felt like doing naughty things such as folding papers so small to make 'lastik' and shoot each other... how about throwing chalks?? I still do that when i was in secondary shcol... and i used to steal school's chalk when i was 9 years old.. and i got caught! my gawd... the damn teacher who caught me with it gave me a big hit on my hand with that bloody long yellow ruler... damn.. it was only a chalk.. all i wanted to do is to bring it home and draw some drawing on my house cement floor.. since school dont allow me to draw on school's floor.. so, i bring it home to draw la.. like that also cannot...

Back then, micheal jackson was just turning white.. and still had albums coming out.. compared to CD's, we were listening to tapes that sold for RM9.90... That time i was so into wild orchid.. 911!! backstreet boys!! ahhhaaa.. my fav was 911! and imagine my excitement when i went to see their promotional tour in 1-stop, Penang.. excited nyer!!!

In computer class, we were still using black and white computer moniters.. played 'Atari'... maybe SEGA or NINTENDO... When i was in form 3, i was so called one of the seniors in my school's computer club..cause i was in the computer club ever since it was established k.. then my school wanted us to organise an event/program to help teach students that are computer illiterate... I was teaching this particular girl who was very innocent and nice how o use a computer and start one... I forgot what she did to the comp that it went totally blank all of a sudden...(but it was not spoilt la)... She was so shocked and asked me what happened to the comp.. and i scared her by telling her that she has ruined the schools comp and that she had to pay for it... She went berzerk.. crying n sobbing... fuhh.. i tell u.. she shocked me back k... after crying, she just ran out of the room and that day onwards, she did not dare to come back to comp club anymore... ehehehee... i of cuz never admitted to her that it was suppose to be a lie n a joke.. cause i see her having so much trouble of cying adi.. might as well keep on lying la... lol..

Doent all these brings memories... heheee... i feel so old now.. it has been 6 years since i left high school... fuhh... it felt like it just happened a few days ago man! Now today, i've got some friends who are married, getting married.. some even have kids by now..

And everytime i see those high school girls acting crazy... i would feel soooo jealous of them! and i would also shake my head thinking that they are sooo bloody childish but in actual fact, i've done wat they r doing right now... and wayyy much more and wayyyyyyyy much crazier than them... ahhaha..

Somemore kids nowaays so bloody lucky k... my sis is only 11 years old when she got her first handphone.. and i got mine at the age of 17+.. shitittit!! not fair!!


It always feels good, fun and exciting to talk about our good ol childhood days isnt it... hehehee... i wouldnt feel bored talking about it, even though ppl keeps on bringing school memories up each time we have a reunion...

Sigh... talking about reunion... when the hell is my high school friend wanna have a reunion la... all always sooo blardy busy... i always only have reunion with one person each time i goes back to msia.. that is my bestest friend in the world.. Mel... ehhehee...

aiya... wanna go pee pee adi... cannot stand adi... ciao...

1 comment:

aida said...

Hey babe, such good memories hey remembering back thise old times as 80s babies. Hahaha, damn funny u liked 911 last time! so NOT you Jane! hahaha! but damn, wish i could go back to the past and enjoy the days, there are not much worries and responsibilities when we were kids, now there's hell lots of responsibilities.hehehe. hey babe, im missing you alot! take care and good luck on your assignments and exam k? love ya!