Monday, April 28, 2008

World Vision - Sponsoring a Child...

Short Update of my life: Im currently packing to move to KL... I got so many things to pack that i dont even know what to pack first! Dieness... But i will be in KL on 3rd May onwards!

As the title above... I did a good thing this year... I have finally achieve something that i have been wanting to do ever since i first saw their TV advertisement in Australia 3 years ago.... Yupp... Im proud to say... I finally did it... I sponsored a child through World Vision!



I applied to sponsor a child early this year... and i got my sponsored child last March... When i first saw my child's photo, i was like... "awwwww......so cute...". It felt like i just gave birth to my own baby k...


Let me give u a closer look................


She is soooo cuteeeee right??? Whether she's cute or not to you.... Just say she's cute... U have no choice! But i have been observing her picture.. and she gives me the impression of like a naughty little girl who doesnt like to talk or mingle with people much... (Her expression in the pic is like "WTF are u people doing taking my picture ha!") But she is still cute to me cause im sponsoring her.... LOL....

My baby is from Myanmar... She is 4 years old... yes, my baby is a she.... Her name is Than Than Maw... They say she is from Aung Myay Thar Zan Township / Mya Nandar which is in Mandalay Division in the central part of Myanmar (Situated north of Mandalay City). Like seriously... Can someone please tell me where is her town??? I tried looking through google earth... Maps n all nonsense... But i still cant find where exactly (or not even close to her town) is her freaking town!! Does it really exist???

Anyways, the World Vision sent me some booklet on what can i do to help my sponsored child and they told me i can even arrange to visit my sponsored child! Yay!! I will arrange it soon when im settled n stable in KL... I really want to personally see her! The booklet also tells me what to do n what not to do when sending gifts to my sponsored child or writing them letters... They said its not advisable to send big big lavish gifts for my sponsored child as it will cause envy among other children who is there with them.... The booklet also states that i should not give them my contact details directly in case they come asking for money or giving me trouble... Basically just do what you should la... (go blardy sponsor a child then u'll know the procedure... too damn lazy to explain here...)

Anyways, World Vision told me that my sponsored child will write an introductory letter to me but im told to be patient n wait for at least 3 months.... Like obviously i cant wait to get the first letter from her! :D

Last week... i recieved a letter from World Vision Myanmar!


You should really see the excitement of my face while opening the letter.... damn, i looked like an eager little girl opening Christmas presents... =__="

When i first open the letter, there are 2 pieces of paper.... One looked like this one below...



I was like damn.... I didnt know people in Myanmar writes like this.... I mean it all looked like semi-circles with tails n huge coma to me... How can they even recognise which alphabeth is which..... Then i went on reading the other paper which is of cuz im more familiar with! Its the translation into English! Great!


Of cuz, the letter is not written by my baby.... cause she is only 4 years old k.... So, the letter is written by her uncle on her behalf! Good enough i guess... I think u all can basically read the content of the letter right?? But i still wanna talk about her...

She apparently has a younger sister which her sister is apparently living with her mum and my baby living with her uncle... She has been living with her uncle ever since her dad passed away... I dont know why her dad passed away... But i was thinking of asking her uncle why her dad passed away... Should i even ask that?

After reading the letter, Ahh.... I know she loves football (So, she's abit tomboy)... and she would like to be a teacher when she grows up (Which i think that is just simply added in by her uncle).... And her uncle wrote... "I will try to be a good girl".... Which means she is actually not that good girl la! LOL.... This one line support my statement above regarding what i think about her.... Heheheee..... Nvm, i like naughty girls.... LOL....

Im now planning to write back to her... and of cuz buy her some gifts... But the requirement given by World Vision is that, i can only buy a gift that can fit into maximum an A4 size envelope... Dieness... What can i buy that is thattttt flat and useful to her huh? I was thinking of buying her stickers or coloring book... but what if she dont dont have color pencils? dieness... Buying her color pencils also no use.. if i were to buy color pencils, i will make sure i buy sharpener... then if i end up buying so many things, how can it fit into the A4 size envelope la... sighh... I really dont know how bad her situation is... really dont know what should i buy... Can someone help suggest something to me? Up till today, i still dont know what should i write as well... Maybe i should send one of my pretty picture to her... :D but im afraid the uncle might use it to jerk off.... LOL.... Ok, nvm me... I have loads of nonsense imaginations... Nah, i think i will send one of my decent photo to show her how i look like... and i will probably write something general about me but not too complicated to understand... But then again, do u think she actually cares since she is only 4 years old??? *swt* *swt* I dont think she even knows she is under a child sponsorship programme.... dieness....

So, whats my purpose of writing this for u all to read n see? I would like to encourage all of you to sponsor a child today! Its only RM50 per month! RM50 is actually not much k... Just think, u spend less RM50 per month but u r actually saving someone else's life... U made them lead a better life... and improve the quality of their life.... Isnt it so fulfilling to do such good deed? I nvr regret a cent at all while doing this... I always feel that im finally doing something good in my life for once.... and each time i recieve a letter from World Vision... i feel like my stresses are all gone... cause i know im changing someone's life to a better... Trust me... try sponsoring a child and see... U will definately get the same satisfaction as i do now.... heehheee....

Nope, im not promoting for World Vision... I just want to encourage people to sponsor a child... Since World Vision is like the most reliable organization around.... So y not go through World Vision and help a needy child right? Im very straight forward in this kind... If i want to do charity n donate money, i would prefer doing charity that has to do with kids.. Cause i totally agree that Kids/Children are our future... Just because they r born poor or broken family, it does not mean that they should not be given a chance to lead a normal life like other people do... They could be successful one day u know... I grew up with homeless boys.. cause i went to Salvation Army for church service when i was 9 till like 16 years old... and i still keep in touch with some of them up till today.... Those homeless boys in Salvation Army are all now grown up like me... and very sucessful too... some r even more successful than me... thats y i say children really should be given the chance to live like any normal kids... But to be honest, Im more willing to help needy children than u know...those old folks home, people with weird sickness like down syndrome, spastic... etc etc.... cause my thinking is that those people are going to die anyways... so y bother wasting money.... Yes yes i know... without those old folks there wont be us around today... But who in the first place would leave their parents in old folks home??? Blame those old folks that do not know how to teach their kids what love means... Or blame those old folks for not knowing how to teach n love their kids properly thats y when they r old, their own kids hate them enough to throw them into old folks home... Blame their kids for being useless... cause ur parents can take care of u for so many years and your siblings... and dont tell me, u cannot even take care of the only parents u have???? Then u really shouldnt be born at all....

I think i have been blabbering too much.... Just go ahead try sponsoring a child k... And u'll see the difference u will make.... :D

Ciao.....

4 comments:

Falcon said...

Yup..World vision is a great charity..You should be proud of yourself!!

healTheRoot said...

Hi,
Congratulations!! It is great to hear that someone is sponsoring a child. I have been sponsoring a child too. He is from Thailand.
Hope that we can influence more ppl to help those who are in need.

Anonymous said...

how much you sponsored to that kid?

ch3rylism said...

it's a great thing u did - recently i have volunteered for a World Vision programme as well. :)